Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Birthday!


It’s June 16th and my 21st birthday!

However, I’m not doing what I would have wanted or expected to do.  Whatever sickness entered my body on Monday has not wanted to leave yet.  I’m still not feeling 100% well and I’m still pretty weak from not eating much for the past few days. 

At the very beginning of the week I thought I would be climbing a peak in the area with a group from TX.  Then it appeared that I would be going rafting with the open sign-up basecamp.  Then I got sick, but stayed hopeful that I’d be able to go rafting.  Last night Steve (my boss) asked if I’d be willing to go on the peak hike with the group from TX in order to have more staff on the hike.  I was planning on doing that if I felt up to it.  However, when I got up this morning at 4am I was not quite as healthy as I would have wanted to be so I was unable to go on the hike. 

Your question may be then, how am I spending my birthday?  Well, my official responsibility is to entertain the few injured folks from the TX group while the rest are on a peak hike.  However, most of them are adult leaders and the one student is quite content drawing and writing.  So, to make a long story short, I’m not doing anything epic for my birthday.  At first I was kinda bummed, but God reminded me that I get to spend my birthday in one of the most beautiful places in the country!  I’ve taken a nap in my hammock and I intend to take some time this afternoon for cleaning up my stuff in the Cove and spending some much needed time with Jesus. 

It’s not an epic day, but it will be a good day.  I’ve been told that we will be doing something this weekend to celebrate, but until then I am content with today. 

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes!  Love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment